Meal Plan Monday - May 22




Last week I did a few price comparisons and noticed that the local health food store actually has lower prices on oats and a few foods that are recommended in The Daniel Plan. Health food stores are often thought of as being expensive, but our local store is able to buy many things in bulk and pass on the savings to its customers.


Oats were only $.70/lb. at the health food store compared to $1.28/lb. I bought both quick oats and old-fashioned oats. Quinoa was $4.62/lb. at Walmart compared to $2.99/lb. at the local health food store. I also bought buckwheat flour, which was pretty pricey at $2.10/lb., but I noticed a buckwheat pancake recipe in The Daniel Plan Cookbook that I really wanted to try. The total I spent on groceries for this week was $82.29, including what I spent at the health food store.


Here's our menu for this week:

Breakfast

Cereal
Bagels, bananas
Omelet, toast with peanut butter
Toast with peanut butter, banana
Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles
Homemade Instant Oatmeal with frozen blueberries

Dinner

Spaghetti with meat sauce
Maple Mustard Chicken, peas, corn
Mexican Steak Fajitas
Lemon Chicken, green beans, seasoned brown rice
Chicken Stir fry with quinoa
Breakfast for dinner: Buckwheat Buttermilk Pancakes, Quinoa Breakfast Bake, apples slices
Leftovers


Get more meal plan ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

0 comments :